Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fantastic Fest: Crimson Peak (2015)

I saw this movie last month but I wasn't allowed to talk about it online until this week.  I mean, I could've since this only a personal blog but I wanted to remain respectful and because I also wanted to show that Fantastic Fest fans can keep it cool.  So here we go:

This movie was a secret screening at Fantastic Fest.  Guillermo Del Toro was there in person.  Even with him there and with the Fantastic Fest crowd, this movie still didn't deliver.  It was okay but dammit, I'm a big Del Toro fan.  I wanted to love it.  I just couldn't.  It was beautiful to see.  Creepy moments.  Gothic Romance is not my thing though.  Maybe if it was Tim Burton, then it might have been slightly better.  Del Toro himself described it as a Gothic Romance and not horror. And that it will bring the 14 year old in you.  Well, I didn't really connect well with it. That's all I'm going to say about this film.
6 out of 10.