Friday, August 27, 2010

Martin / The Crazies

Friday at the Grindhouse Presents:

Catching Up With A Director Segment

Taking advantage and killing two birds with one stone.
Tonight's grindhouse presentation is two of George Romero's flicks.



Martin
Badass!!
Original vampire flick.
One of the best I've seen.
Definitely good for grindhouse.
I think "Let The Right One In" was a little inspired
by this. Every second was worth it.
At one point, I needed to go into another room,
but I was so glued into this movie that I couldn't pause it.
I never did. I waited until it was over.
That's a plus.
I felt sorry for this vampire.
He's not your typical vampire.
In fact, he makes fun of all the vampire stereotypes
(sunlight, crosses, garlic, etc.).

This is one of the best George Romero films I've seen.
A must for the Grindhouse collection.




The Crazies
I saw the remake to this a few months back.
Finally, got to see the original tonight.
The remake had a zombie feel to it.
This original, clearly shows that it's not a zombie movie.
The main focus here is about the military
and their crazy ways of taking over a town.
We hardly see how crazy these "infected" town people are.
The sense of urgency is shown better here than the remake.
I personally enjoyed the remake more.
Both had its up and downs.

The remake has the better characters and entertainment.
This one has the better story.

That concludes this month's director segment.
Here's my overall most favorite to least favorite
of George Romero films I've seen:
1. Dawn of the Dead
2. Day of the Dead
3. Night of the Living Dead
4. Martin
5. The Crazies
6. Land of the Dead
7. Knightriders
8. Creepshow
9. Survival of the Dead
10. Diary of the Dead