Saturday, September 5, 2009

Prince of Darkness / They Live

(Friday at the Grindhouse Encore Special)
Since it was my relationship anniversary yesterday,
I decided to push the grindhouse night for tonight.

Tonight I'm having a John Carpenter double feature.


Prince of Darkness
This is some evil stuff.
I liked the way they put together the dreams
people kept having.
Like most of his films, John Carpenter did his own music,
and the music never stopped for a moment.
It was a nice slow build up for the last 20 minutes of the movie.
It reminded me of some of the italian horrors from the 70's
like The Beyond.

Never looking at a mirror the same way again.



They Live
While the other one was more of a horror, this one
is more of a sci-fi/action.
Love the concept.
Love the paranoia feeling people get in here.
It star Roddy Piper (the wrestler).
His acting is way better than "The Rock."
These aliens are creeping looking but bad ass.
Good climax and ending.

Need to get me a pair of these glasses to see
who's who around me.