Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cinema Paradiso

Today is New Release Tuesday
but I wasn't feeling in the
mood to watch any of the movies
that came out today.
The only movie I would of picked
was, "Bolt." But I wasn't
in the mood for animation.
So then came the screening of this classic:
Photobucket
Cinema Paradiso
This is an excellent classic from Italy.
There's a lot of hype in the film world
that this is one of the best movies ever.
After seeing the director's cut, I was amazed.
To me, it's not one of the best movies ever.
But it is very inspiring and has a decent story.
I say, it is one of the best movies from Italy.
I usually don't write what the movies are about,
I let the imdb link (above) and trailer (below) tell you that,
but here's a quick rundown for this one:
It's a long journey of a boy growing up loving movies
and falling in love, moving away from tragedy,
and coming back as a successful filmmaker
to remember the past.
Photobucket
Even though is about 3 hours long, I recommend
the directors cut version. It tells you a lot more
that went on. My grade for this is a straight on A.
No not an A+, but simply an A.