Friday, July 10, 2009

City of the Living Dead / The Psychic

I didn't have my grindhouse night screening for the month of June
because I was in vacation.
I didn't have it this month also because
of 4th of July weekend.
So to make up for those two nights,
I will have a Grindhouse screening tonight
and another one next Friday.

Friday at the Grindhouse Presents:
(A Lucio Fulci Double Feature)

City of the Living Dead
Don't let the title fool you, this is not a zombie film.
There's some zombie scenes towards the end,
but it is more of a supernatural evil kind of film.
It was kinda scary. The images and the effects
were great. The story, not that great.
It was cool to watch once to see what
the whole thing was about.
Lucio Fulci does some good shots.

When it comes to the gore stuff, this one won't disappoint.
My favorite scene is Bob getting his head drilled.
Worth the rent.



Then...


The Psychic
This was the big surprise for me.
Although the movie was slow paced,
after watching the whole thing,
this is now on my top list of grindhouse flicks.
All the shots, details, the story and
some of the acting were great.
Yeah, there's some scenes that are kinda
ridiculous. But overall the movie
experience was a good one.
The first hour of this film was a slow set up ride
for the last and tense 30 minutes of the movie.
Love the way Fulci ended the film.


Now I have that song stuck in my head.
The song that repeats throughout the last
half of the film.
(It's the song that comes out in Kill Bill
where the Bride was on the floor and about
to cut that nurse's foot.)
Here's a scene with that song:



This is a must buy for my "Grindhouse" collection
and it gets A+ for this type of genre.
Here's the trailer: