Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Last House on the Left / Vice Squad / The Return of the Street Fighter

Grindhouse Triple Feature Night
First:
Photobucket
The Last House on the Left
This is one of Wes Craven's earlier works.
Somebody told me about this movie
a long time ago.
And now, there's a remake coming out in theatres.
Since I've been checking out some grindhouse
stuff, I decided to check out this one.
I expected some horror stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
There was a little tiny bit of horror.
It was mostly a sleazy dark comedy.
There's some funny shit going on.
But in no way was this disturbing or scary
as people put this out to be.
I like the part when it actually takes place
inside the house which is towards the end.
(The parents stuff!!)
Photobucket
To me, this is not a classic like Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
But I might check out the remake when it comes out on DVD.

Then:
Photobucket
Vice Squad
This is more of a slow dramatic
exploitation flick.
The story is great. Some of the
acting was believable.
I also like some of the shots,
especially the pan when Ramrod's truck
was driving to the motel near the beginning.
Other than that, the rest was not very
good. Just your average early 80's flick.
Photobucket
Fans of detective and crime from the 80's stories
will like it. Others stay away.

And Last But Not Least:
Photobucket
The Return of the Street Fighter
Follow up to The Street Fighter.
I saved the best for last.
Sonny Chiba is a bad ass mofo.
He's back and he fights more
dudes than before.
I still like the first film better,
but this continues the story.
Photobucket
If you seen the first one, then this a must see.