Friday, January 9, 2009

The Fall / Suspiria with Dirty Mary Crazy Larry

Photobucket
Today I saw 3 movies.
The first one I saw with Linda.
It was the beautifully shot and beautifully directed,
The Fall.
Now I know why they say
this would be a good movie to watch
in blu ray. It's a make you feel good kind of movie.
It's artsy. But it's not for action lovers.
There is little bit of action but mostly
fantasy.

Photobucket
I say this is a nicer version of the movie Tideland
except with more color and bigger budget.
Good to own for its cinematography.
Trailer:


After this movie I took a break. 1 hour later, I started
my grindhouse double feature.
The first feature is:
Photobucket
Suspiria
An Italian horror film with a twist.
They say this is one of the best grindhouse films,
but in my opinion, it didn't live up to its hype.
This looks like a higher budget 80's movie.
The direction and the shots were excellent.
The problem I had was the story and some
of the acting. I was a little bit disappointed.
Photobucket
I'm glad I saw this for a few scenes but overall
I wouldn't like to see it again.
I guess you have to have an acquired taste for Italian horrors
to really like this movie.
Trailer:


But wait, there's another movie starting.
Get the coffee going.
After Suspiria I saw:
Photobucket
Dirty Mary Crazy Larry
A car chasing part action and part comedy.
It inspired Tarantino's Death Proof.
I was more awake and more
entertained with this movie than the previous movie.
Photobucket
Funny quirky dialogue. Bad ass car chasing scenes.
This is a must buy for fans of the genre.
Trailer: